quanta q

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Prep for L.A.

It's time to start getting ready for the conference in L.A. so today I watched L.A. Story. It's a 1991 film starring Steve Martin-a lovely goofey little movie that pokes fun af the ridiculousness of the Los Angeles mentality while weaving a sweet romance theme that only an actor such as Steve Martin can be part of. Watch it and enjoy.

My car is not feeling wel-the AC is not working. I discovered this last week and had an odd fellow named Izzie look at it. Well, the very nice mechanic could not fix my air conditioning but he told me that it was OK to drive to Baltimore so off I went on Sunday for Shavuot and cheesecake with my family. I drove back last night without much of a problem-windows open and I pretended I had a convertible-a type of car I don't ever want-way too loud and wind blowing around your car isn't very exciting-you just feel like you need a nice long shower when you get home because you have a layer of wind/dust on you from the trip. This morning I was going to bring the car to a different mechanic and then the car didn't start. So after towing it to the station I just sit by the phone, waiting like a girl waits for a guy to call after their first date. I'm still waiting-maybe I should just take the hint that my car is not interested. But I am still hopefuly because I have been good to my car and I think he'll reciprocate and we get together once again. We've had a relationship for seven years, lotsa miles and I'm not leaving without a fight. I hate waiting. I hate not having control over this situtation. I'm sorry this blog doesn't really make any sense. I think it's time for some cheesecake.