quanta q

Monday, August 01, 2005

Cell phone dilemma

So I have had this cell phone of mine for about two years now. Being the loyal Verizon customer, I am now entitled to a $100 credit. But I like my phone. I can make calls-have an alarm-text message-it has nice green LCD screen...why do I need a phone with a color screen, that's way more complicated, that has a camera, that has a video, why why why do I need all of these things. I think it's a tad silly that the most basic of phones now has to come with all these features. Maybe they could have just improved the reception capability, or built it so that when you drop the darn thing-it doesn't break. I don't know-I am not sure why I am against these technologies-I just don't want them on my phone.

Nevertheless-if this phone breaks and I don't use my credit-I will end up spending lots more money which I certainly don't want to do. Maybe I should get a new fancy phone and just keep it as a back up for when this one breaks. Maybe I should just embrace technology and make friends with the new fancy phone.