quanta q

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

A happy ending

My usual routine in the morning is to go to the coffee shop, get a pasty, and go to the lab. This morning was no different than any other morning except when I arrived at the lab I noticed my wallet was missing. I still had my purse but somehow my wallet escaped.

Since I had only been in two places I retraced my steps to no avail. The security guard told me that nine times out of ten people's wallets were returned. I went back to lab to sit and wait because I coudln't really focus on anything but calls I would have to make-cards I would need to cancel.

About five minutes later this nice woman calls me and told me that he son found my wallet!!! I ran over to her apartment and picked it up. I only had about six dollars in cash so I gave it to the little boy that found my wallet.

There are good people in this world...