quanta q

Thursday, February 02, 2006

Green Bean Recipe

So there isn't really a theme to this blog-I post things that I find interesting-or random thoughts for the day when the mood strikes me-but I do know that most of the time this blog is not for recipes-I have other blogs sites I visit that are specifically devoted to that such as 101cookbooks .

However, my dear sister did not have a pen and because I love her and she is the kallah I will post the recipe.

The following if from Jamie Oliver's cookbook "Jamie's dinners" but according to B. it's Sara's green bean recipe-but I can only take credit for finding it and sharing it. If you like the tangy mustard/vinegary sort of flavors then I recommed this highly-BUT-it is much better served warm than cold.

4 handfuls of green beans
2-3 heaping tsps of good French mustard
2 tbls of white wine vinegar
7 tbls* of extra virgin olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
1 med. shallot
1/2 clove of garlic

Bring to boil a pan of water, add the bean, cover with lid, and cook for 4-5 minutes. Meanwhile, but mustard, vinegar in a bowl and all the olive oil (*I don't add all the oil-just until I like the consistency and taste). Then add the salt, pepper and chopped shallot, and garlic.

Drain the beans and when they are still hot add the dressing.

Now if you must serve them "not hot" make sure to take them out of the fridge to get them to at least room temperature-but really-eat them while hot-they are very very tasty!!

Enjoy!!